Wildlife Art Workshops
for 2023 at
Saturday 25th February 2023
|February 25th||Pastel||Red Panda|
|March 25th||Watercolour||Fox in Snow|
|September 23rd||Pastel||Polar Bear|
|Recommended Supplies||Watercolour Workshop||Pastel Workshop|
|Pencil, sharpener & eraser||✔||✔|
|Board & masking tape||✔||✔|
|Two water containers||✔|
|Fine mist spray bottle||✔|
|Watercolour paints, tubes or pans||✔|
|Soft pastels & pastel pencils||✔|
|Watercolour or mixed media paper|
minimum 9″ x 12″ 140lb or more
|Pastel paper 9″ x 12″ or bigger|
(I recommend Clairefontaine Pastelmat)
My preferred materials for the the pastel & watercolour workshops:
|Preferred Pastel materials:||* Clairefontaine Pastelmat Paper (I rarely use anything else now)|
* larger sheets are available and can be easily cut to size (this is what I do)
* Carbothello Pastel Pencils are a must have in my studio, available individually or in different set sizes
* Derwent Pastel Pencils are soft with a wide range of colours, available individually or in different set sizes, ideal for covering larger areas with their thicker pigment core
* Mungyo Soft Pastels – an affordable way to cover larger areas of a painting, and for adding base coats for your pencils to go on top of
* Pan Pastels – my ‘go to’ soft pastel choice, available individually or in sets, 92 colours in total
|Preferred Watercolour materials:||* 140lb (or heavier) Hotpress or Coldpress watercolour paper|
* 9″ x 12″ minimum size (buying larger sheets is preferable as they can then be cut down to size)
* Winsor & Newton Cotman watercolours are a great paint to get started with (I still use them for sketches etc)
* A variety of brushes, sizes & shapes, made from golden taklon which is a synthetic material. Here’s a link to the affordable W&N Cotman set.
* A white mixing palette or a white plate will do
My ArtDiscount & Amazon affiliate links – please feel free to click, browse and shop at no extra cost to you.
Amazing price of just £60 per person
50% of proceeds going straight back into conservation
Martin Mere Wetland Centre
Fish Lane, Burscough
Lancashire L40 0TA
Tel: 01704 891240 Web: wwt.org.uk
Art Workshops at Knowsley Safari Park
Awaiting New Dates for 2024
NEW and EXCLUSIVE Wildlife ART Workshops
at Knowsley Safari Park, Prescot. L34 4AN
9am – 4pm
I’ve been running highly successful wildlife ART workshops across the UK since 2010, teaching privately for over 20 years, and so was delighted when invited to create and run a new catalogue of art-based events here at Knowsley.
My workshops are specifically tailored to meet the needs of all artistic abilities so even if you’re a complete beginner you’ll be surprised at just how much can be achieved in one day whilst here in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.
Knowsley Safari is home to over 700 animals and birds including Amur Tiger, African Lion, Iberian Wolf, White Rhino, Blue Wildebeest, Bactrian Camel, Griffon Vulture, Egyptian Fruit Bat and the ever popular Meerkat. This amazingly rich array of subject matter makes for the perfect venue for this new catalogue of artistic events and myself and the staff of Knowsley are looking forward to meeting you.
So whether you’re wanting to dive into watercolours or persevere with pastels you can be sure they’ll be something arriving soon for you. If you would like to see anything in particular be made available, whether that be a certain medium or subject then please drop me an email at email@example.com and I’ll be more than happy to put a workshop together for you.
And all at an amazing introductory price of just £80 per person
Please note that workshops will have limited places so early booking is advisable to avoid disappointment.